ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
Entrepreneurship & Management Development(EMD) centre was established under a project sponsored by the AICTE and started functioning from 1st May 2005. The centre became self-reliant in the year 2008-09 with no additional grants since its inception. The centre has conducted 70 programs that benefitted 1245 candidates upto 31.03.2010. The major activities of the EMD centre include skill development programs like Computer Hardware and Networking, Mobile Repairing, AutoCAD,Programming Languages and soft skill development programs like English Speaking and Personality Development etc. As a part of its diversified activities, the centre has sussessfully trained 80 post office employees under project 'Arrow' for Department of Posts, Govt. of India with main emphasis on their cultural transformation.
1. To create an environment for self-employment and entrepreneurship development through formal and non-formal programmes.
2. To introduce the concept of entrepreneurship in curricula at diploma and degree levels.
3. To develop management personnel at appropriate levels for the non-corporate and unorganized sectors like education, rural development, small-scale industry etc.
4. To utilize the infrastructure facilities and technically trained manpower for the development of non-corporate and unorganized sectors.
5. To promote employment opportunities.